Biddulph Male Voice Choir was formed in 1922 and has presented many concerts over the years both in the United Kingdom and Abroad, as well as entering numerous competitions and winning a high number of accolades and awards. The choir`s first Constitution was produced by choristers Sam Hinks, John Lawton and Bob Pill in 1976 and revised in 1995 when the choir was registered as CHARITY No 1046347.
The Choirs logo, adopted in 1992, features the local landmark, Mow Cop Castle and the Staffordshire Knot, both symbols of the steadfastness and stability of North Staffordshire which, like the choir, have weathered the years and withstood the tests of time.
The Stafford Knot, dates from 750-850AD and is the badge of the Stafford family who, through Morag, Lady Stafford, approved its use by the choir. It remains unconfirmed that the initial purpose of the knot was to enable the sheriff to hang three criminals at one go!
The choir consists of over 50 choristers and is very much in demand. New members are always welcome, please see the details on the Join us webpage.
Biddulph Male Voice Choir support many charities local and national through their concerts and once again look forward to entertaining audiences raising funds for worthwhile causes.
If you are interested in booking the choir please do not hesitate to contact the Concert Secretary at email@example.com or on 07964 712119